Friday, September 2, 2022

Bug Hunt on Rib Mountain

 Oil on Panel - 4 x 4 inches

Yellow-throated Vireos are another bird that sings antiphonally, but when I saw this bird late summer last year at Rib Mountain State Park in Wausau, WI, it wasn’t singing. It was looking for bugs, silently hopping from branch to branch. Seeing this bird was an unexpected surprise, and getting close-up photos was even better. Visiting state parks or wildlife management areas is one of my favorite things to do no matter where I am. It costs $35 a year for a state park sticker in Minnesota, making it one of the most affordable getaways to be had. Park maps guide visitors to trails worthy of exploration, birding, and new adventures. State parks are treasures that I’m thankful exist in our country, places I don’t take for granted.



Reference

Doyle, Diana. "Do Eastern Whip-poor-wills Sing Antiphonally?" Birding, vol. 50, no. 1, Feb. 2018, pp 36-43.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment